Join my Blog

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, May 18, 2009

Why sports? Why Miami?

I am taking a communications class, and in this class I have to set up a blog that involves my greatest passion. I quickly, with out a doubt, chose to blog about the professional teams in Miami. Miami is the great city in which my Argentine parents chose to have me, and in this city is where my heart lyes. I am a huge fan of every team down here, and I follow all of them. I have shed tears of pain and of glory.

I was either in the stadiums/arenas or cheering in front of a T.V. the year of 2007-2008 when each and everyone one of this beautiful city's teams crumbled and embarrassed us. In case you forgot, the Panthers were way out of the playoff picture like usual. The Marlins put all of our hopes up throughout the season, just to have us be METS spoilers. The HEAT, don't even let me get started, 15-67, that was just pathetic. And last, and definitely the least that year was the terrible, awful, dreadful, horrible, horrific, appalling, horendous, 1-15 Dolphins.

I went to a lot of those games for a lot of those teams because I love them all, but if I had to pick one that I love most, it is the Miami Dolphins. My brother and I had just gotten season tickets, for the first time, that same season. We went to every game hopeful, but we always ended up very disappointed. I remember my brother telling me, after the Dolphins were 0-5, that if we were to go 0-10 he will just take off his clothes and go streaking. He obviously didn't think that was going to happen, and when it did, it turned out to be a bluff. We were there in all the games, in the very hot sun, just to see all those dolfans, or should I say, FAKE Dolfans, leave early. My brother and I have a pact, "We arrive before the game starts, and leave whenever the game ENDS." To all you fake fans, that means when there is no more time on the clock, not at a certain score!

People asked us "Why do you guys keep on going? Why don't you just save your tailgating money, and sale your tickets?" The answer to that is because "IT IS WORTH IT!" I'm never going to forget that one game against the Ravens. It was a handful of us Dolfans there, but those were the fans that I loved. The ones that did not care about the record. The ones that remembered all the good seasons the Dolphins have had in history. The ones that were proud of being a Dolfan, whether they were undefeated, or in the case that year winless! If I had to remember one play in my young Dolfan life, it was definitely that post pattern, that was ran by a small white guy, that no one knew in overtime. That perfect throw that hit this white guys hands, and finally him blowing by the safety, just to have all of us Dolfans in shock and tears! This guy ended up being Camarillo, our hero! I enjoyed that win more then any other win since I have been alive, not because we were not winless anymore, but because I knew right there at that time that I am a real FAN!

So why did I pick Miami sports? Because in my opinion there is none better. We have the only team that has ever made it through a whole season undefeated, and WON the Superbowl, unlike you Patriots, close but no cigar! We have the only team that has a 100% in playoff appearances leading to World Series, and both were as big underdogs. For those of you that complain and say that it was only twice, don't forget, the Marlins were born in 1993! Last but not least, we have a team that has a player named "Mr. Wade", whom already brought us a championship!

No comments:

Post a Comment